Trying to get a warrant dealt with without going to jail long enough to lose my job.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Trying to get a warrant dealt with without going to jail long enough to lose my job.

I have a warrant for VOP on a felony
charge. They want money more than time.
But I can’t pay anything unless I’m
working, which I can’t do if locked up.
Only recently obtained a job paying
enough for me to put money toward
restitution and court costs. Any advice
would be appreciated.

Asked on June 23, 2016 under Criminal Law, Tennessee


B.H.F., Member, Texas State Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

You can reach out to a bondsman to assist with the process or an attorney that routinely assists with bond issues.  They can help resolve the bond matters, put the funds up front, and then you can make payments to them without fear of having to get thrown in jail at any moment.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption