If I was caught urinating in public nd have a 5 year old DUI, what should I be prepared for?

UPDATED: Jul 23, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I was caught urinating in public nd have a 5 year old DUI, what should I be prepared for?

Will I being looking must liking at just a fine or more than that? The DUI I had was lowered to a reckless driving charge.

Asked on July 23, 2012 under Criminal Law, North Dakota


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

The prior DUI conviction that you have should have no impact on the current urination charge against you. Most likely the charge is a misdemeanor where you could be fined up to $1,000, do community service work and spend five (5) to ten (10) days in jail if convicted.

I suggest that you consult with a criminal defense attorney further about your matter and the best way to try and resolve it short of trial.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption