Can I take any legal action if someone e-mailed and texted nude photos of me to others?

UPDATED: Nov 8, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can I take any legal action if someone e-mailed and texted nude photos of me to others?

I did some adult photographs when I was younger for a couple of websites. I didn’t continue with them; it was to get out of a bind. It’s been 10 years and I have changed my life. Unfortunately I still live in the same small town where not everyone grows up. The other day I asked a person politely to not come to a gathering because that person had been harassing one of the guests. A couple days later that person sent out a bunch of e-mails and texts of pictures from the past. I understand those are there to be found but this was intended to destroy and humiliate me.

Asked on November 8, 2011 under Personal Injury, Michigan


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Possibly what was done was an invasion of your privacy. However if the photographs that you are writing about are part of the public domain and you were paid for the photographs that you object to, you unfortunately do not have much of a say as to how they are produced.

To be on the safe side, you might consider consulting with a personal injury attorney about the situation you are writing about for a further opinion. Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption