They found less than a gram of marijuana in my car, but i had it in a glass container so i got charged with possession of 2-4oz, anything i can do?

UPDATED: May 15, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 15, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

They found less than a gram of marijuana in my car, but i had it in a glass container so i got charged with possession of 2-4oz, anything i can do?

I had also had a mental breakdown, my car was setup with a hose from the exhaust into the car, they were going to take me to a doctor, but after they found drugs i became a criminal instead of needing help.

Asked on May 15, 2009 under Criminal Law, Texas


J.M.A., Member in Good Standing of the Connecticut Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

Based on the fact you have indicated, acknowledging that you need help is a big step in the right direction.  I would need to know how the police come upon your car.  Where were you parked?  What led them to see your car.  The police were suspicious about what was going on.  It could have been a situation where someone was being assaulted or murdered.  The police may or may not have had probably cause to search the car, however, i would need to get more details from you to make a decision as to whether you could have the evidence found thrown out.  Assuming the police were within their rights, which the may have been, i suggest that you hire a lawyer to defend you in court and to try to get you into a drug program to help you as opposed to going to jail.  There are programs out there like this and a lawyer in your area will know if you qualify.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption