Do I have any legal options if the new car I bought is causing me back pain?

UPDATED: Jan 4, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 4, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Do I have any legal options if the new car I bought is causing me back pain?

I bought a new car. I started have back pain from the seat within a couple days. I looked on the internet and come to find out that many other people have had the same issue with this model. Are there any legal options?

Asked on January 4, 2012 under General Practice, California


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Potentially you might have some sort of legal recourse against the manufacturer of the car for a design defect if the vehicle causes you distinct damages that you can establish in terms of dollars and cents as opposed to some general inconvenience.

I would take the car back to the dealership to see what suggestions if any it may have to eliminate the discomfort that you are having with the vehicle such as back supports and the like.

From what you have written, your back pain at this juncture that may be caused by the vehicle does not seem to warrant any legal recourse for you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption