If a judge put a no-contact order in place between my fiance and I, how can I get the no-contact order lifted?

UPDATED: Dec 6, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Dec 6, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If a judge put a no-contact order in place between my fiance and I, how can I get the no-contact order lifted?

I am over the legal age and I do not want the no contact order, so how can the DA put a no contact order in place if I want contact with my fiance? My fiance and I have never had any domestic violence or any other type of legal issues or non legal issues. My fiance is going to trial for a UUMV, for taking my car while I was sleeping. I did not want to press charges but the car is in my mother’s name, so technically she is the owner. My mother pressed charges which is how he ended up in jail and with a UUMV charge.

Asked on December 6, 2011 under Criminal Law, Oregon


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

If there is in effect a retraining order as to your fiance' pending a criminal matter involving you placed by the district attorney's office and you want it lifted, you should consult with a criminal defense attorney as to the best way to do so.

Given the fact that you are supposedly the victim of an alleged crime, it would be best that an attorney retained by you intervene on your behalf as to the retraining order. The last thing that you want to do is get your fiance' in further trouble than what he is already is in.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption