Take my name off the one bill. He have right to do that?

UPDATED: May 25, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 25, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Take my name off the one bill. He have right to do that?

Bills that i cant get into is his cell phone actually our cell phone bill cause mine is under family plan. Reason he dont want me to have access with this bill — Hes in military. Have been married 13years. Having affair with one of his own solider.

Asked on May 25, 2009 under Family Law, Tennessee


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

There's probably no way that you can get the bill from the phone company.

If you know that he's having an affair, maybe it's time to talk to a divorce lawyer.  One place to look for qualified attorneys is our website, http://attorneypages.com

Once you have a divorce action in progress, it's very possible that you can force him to turn over the phone records, or get them from the phone company, as part of the pre-trial discovery process.  It's a fairly simple thing for an experienced attorney.  You will probably need proof of something more than cell phone calls to prove adultery.  But even without that, there are usually other grounds for divorce, in a case like this, that will work.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption