Sue from 10/1/08 to now back pay and start receiving pension now.

UPDATED: Jun 8, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 8, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Sue from 10/1/08 to now back pay and start receiving pension now.

9/22/08 per court order he receive my 1/2 of my pension which he did a couple of days later and I was to receive 1/2 of his. He is refusing to send a copy of his Birth Cert to the Teamster Pension. I have tried, I sent Marriage Cert. daughters Birth Cert., copy of an insurance policy and SS. Statement. They still will not send me my 1/2.

Asked on June 8, 2009 under Family Law, California


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

I think you're going to have to go back to court for this, and you should hire a lawyer in your area to present the case.  One place to find an attorney is our website,

I'm not a California lawyer, but if your ex-husband is getting his half of your pension, but refusing to cooperate to allow you to get your half of his -- which he has been collecting -- I would hope that the court would order him to pay at least part of your attorney's fees for this part of the case.  It's unfortunate that there usually isn't anything more that the courts can do to punish people for these kinds of games.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption