Speeding Ticket 90 on 65 – VTL 1180 0D

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Speeding Ticket 90 on 65 – VTL 1180 0D

I have a speeding ticket to which I have plead not guilty and mailed to
district attorney. I have a NY state driver’s license and I was caught in
Broome County, which is also my place of residence.

I was told to take Defense Driving course as my license is clean with no
points. But the application fee for applying to Defense Driving course in my
case 90 on 65 i.e. 20mph is 400. And as an international student here, I
cannot afford this much money.

Is there any option to reduce this fee? I want to appear for defense driving
course so that I don’t get any tickets on my license.
Please help

Asked on April 22, 2017 under General Practice, New York


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

No, there is no option to reduce the fee: the school/course is a private endeavor and is allowed to charge what it wants. You can ask them if they will give you a payment plan; or charge it on a credit card and pay the balance down over time; but those are your only options.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption