son murdered

UPDATED: Jun 11, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 11, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

son murdered

mys son was murdered outside in parking lot of nightclub on dec 23, 2006. I know there is not statue of limitations for murder. What I meant to ask, if there is a statue of limitations to sue the owner of the nightclub. The nightclub owner was not the person who killed my son. There are currently no suspects in the murder case. the only suspect they had was released out of county jail after 10 months due to lack of evidence. I would like to know if I can sue the nightclub owner.thanks

Asked on June 11, 2009 under Accident Law, Texas


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

I'm sorry, but it's too late, if my reading of the Texas law is correct.  It doesn't matter whether you're suing the person who actually did it, or the owner of the business who didn't have enough security or served people who were too drunk, or however the owner helped cause your son's death.

I wish I could be more helpful.  If you want to be sure about this, you should talk to a lawyer in your area.  One place to find a qualified attorney is our website,

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption