someone stole a xbox 360 from my friends house.

UPDATED: May 28, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 28, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

someone stole a xbox 360 from my friends house.

that being said, i dont want the cops to search the house for various reasons, but the people dont mind filing a report. do they have to search the house, if yes? anything i can do to stop that?

Asked on May 28, 2009 under Criminal Law, Florida


J.M.A., Member in Good Standing of the Connecticut Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 12 years ago | Contributor

If the xbox was stolen from your friend house the cops are not likely going to search the house as it is stolen. Do the cops have any reason to believe that the xbox is still in the house?  Does the owner of the house have homeowner's insurance as you may want to file a claim depending on the deductible.  I do not know why the police would search the house, but i do believe they would dust for fingerprints and things like that depending how the theft took place.  I suggest permitting the police to do their job or its not worth filing to police complaint.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption