What shouldI doabout a work-related injury and the cost of mymedical care?

UPDATED: Jul 25, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 25, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What shouldI doabout a work-related injury and the cost of mymedical care?

Injured my back after I slipped and fell on a wet floor. Went to ER for treatment yesterday. Had x-rays done – no fractures in spine. Anyone in the medical profession knows you need an MRI for true spinal injury (ie: herniated discs). ER doctor spent 30 seconds with me. Reported to my job about ER visit. Was given 2 days off from work. Pain has continually increased in last 24 hours. Called work and told them I needed to see a real MD, not through the ER. There was absolutely no response from the company. What do I do when the company won’t respond. I don’t have $110 for the doctor visit.

Asked on July 25, 2011 New Jersey


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

If you have a human resources department at work, go speak with the person in charge and discuss the fact that you have a work related injury and you need to see a doctor about continued problems from the injury and ask for information under your company's worker's compensation insurance policy for a good doctor if you do not have one.

If you have a doctor, go see your own and see if the cost can be paid over time. You need to document your on the job injury with your employer in writing.

You might also consider consulting with a worker's compensation attorney about your on the job accident and see if the attorney could refer you to a doctor for treatment who would accept payments for services rendered later on.

Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption