slip/fall new york

UPDATED: May 24, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 24, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

slip/fall new york

water,no caution cones,maintenance admitted to me and manager he knew where water came from but hadnt cleaned it. injuries-complete tear medial meniscus,hamstring insertion damage,peroneal and sural nerve damage and(dont know what this means)100/140 disability on bending knee.also there was a witness. what is the potential for this case?thank you

Asked on May 24, 2009 under Personal Injury, New York


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

Sounds as though you have a solid case here.

How much it is worth however it hard to say.  Obviously you will get any out-of-pocket costs for medical bills, plus any lost wages.  And clearly there has been pain and suffering.  But there are several factors that come into play here.  For instance, what kind of work do you do?  Will you be able to return to that work? Will you be able to return to work at all?  I know that there is some type of disability, is it permanent?

Personal injury settlements can get involved and can be tricky.  You need to speak with an attorney about this.  For a case of this type an initial consultation is free.

Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption