What can I do if I ordered blinds over 3 months ago but they delivered the wrong size and I still can’t get them to fix the problem?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can I do if I ordered blinds over 3 months ago but they delivered the wrong size and I still can’t get them to fix the problem?

I have been having problems with three day blinds. The reps are rude and the supervisors are worse. They tell me all excuses, meanwhile they took my money and still no blinds that fit my windows. I am a smart woman even if I am 66 years old. It doesn’t take over 3 months to make a valance that fits. Now the man told me to talk to him in voicemails because he never answers

his phone and, when he does, he talks in circles. Is there legal action for this or am I just stuck with these blinds? Plus I don’t want him to take anymore money out of my bank either.

Asked on July 16, 2016 under Business Law, Pennsylvania


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

If they delivered the wrong size and will not correct the problem, they have breached the contract or agreement of sale: you can therefore sue them for breach of contract to recover the money you have paid them. If the amount at stake is less than the limit for small claims court and the office, showroom, or person(s) you dealt with are located in your county, suing in small claims, acting as your own attorney, is an excellent option. To win, you'd have to show what the agreement was; the size you ordered; and the size you received. Suing is the only way to enforce your rights; there is no agency that will do this for you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption