Should the other insurance be admitting coverage?

UPDATED: Oct 2, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 2, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Should the other insurance be admitting coverage?

I was involved in a car accident ,not at
fault. However, the other insurance is
denied coverage because the driver of
the vehicle was not the owner of the
vehicle and was not under the policy.
However, the driver does reside in the
same household as the owner and their is
family relation. What was claimed was
that the vehicle was taken without
consent,however never was reported to
the police.

Asked on August 12, 2019 under Accident Law, California


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

Since the claim was denied, your recourse is to sue the registered owner and driver of the at-fault vehicle for negligence.
If you were not injured in the accident, the amount of property damage (cost of repairs to your vehicle) will determine whether you can file your lawsuit in small claims court.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption