should my son accept the insurance offer and does he have pay blue cross back the whole amount of 50,000.00 or a percentage/

UPDATED: May 14, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 14, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

should my son accept the insurance offer and does he have pay blue cross back the whole amount of 50,000.00 or a percentage/

my son was a passenger in his friend’s car in Fl. He has 7 compression fractures and 1 herniation in the cerival. No spinal cord injiny the insurance offer is 100.000.00. This is the total amount of his declaration papge.Can we get more from Progressive? Can we limit the amount to pay back Blue Cross for medical bills that thye paid?Do you have the forms?

Asked on May 14, 2009 under Accident Law, Florida


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

MY gosh, get him to a Florida Personal Injury lawyer or auto accident lawyer immediately. It is insane to deal with an insurance company by yourself when there is serious personal injury. 

Even if the driver's insurance company throws in the policy limits, as they seem to be doing here, there may be other sources of recovery, and the medical bills often can be negotiated downward, leaving more for your son.

If there is little prospect for collecting more, an auto accident lawyer will tell you quickly; just make sure you don't agree to pay the lawyer if s/he can not better the current offer. lists many terrific Florida auto accident, insurance and personal injury lawyers.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption