Should I apply for the new deferred action policy?

UPDATED: Jun 18, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 18, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Should I apply for the new deferred action policy?

I was brought here illegally by my mom when I was 8 I am currently living with my fiance and we are planning to get married soon. We have a 7 month old daughter together and he wants to help me fix my status. However, I am not sure if applying for the deferred action will help me or make my situation worse

Asked on June 18, 2012 under Immigration Law, Minnesota


Harun Kazmi / Kazmi and Sakata Attorneys at Law

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Hello. The Deferred Action may apply to you. The rules for the process have not been issued yet, however, you must be under 30 and lived here continuous for 5 years and not have a criminal history. It will give you a work permit for 2 years and you can get extensions. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or information.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption