UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption


Me and my husband was at
Walmart and we was using self
check out and we forgot to scan
somethings but before we left they
took us to a room and we offered
to pay what was not payed for but
we was arrested it was 49 dollars
and we go to court Monday we
have never been in trouble and
was wondering what will happen
for first affence shoplifting in
Glasgow ky

Asked on July 12, 2017 under Criminal Law, Kentucky


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

Since you are both "first-time offenders", you may also be able to arrange for "diversion" which is an alternative sentencing program whereby you plead guilty to the charge, receive a special probation, and upon its successful completion the charge is withdrawn and the case dismissed. Your records should be automatically cleared.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption