Sellers rights to moveable on land sell

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Sellers rights to moveable on land sell

Potential Buyer verbally stated no
interest in the manufactured home on
property I am selling. Clearly stated no
intentions to remodel or improve to live
in home upon purchase of land buyer
would tear down / demolish / burn home
as in process of clearing and cleaning
up the acre and a half of land. Offering
a purchase price of lowest price value
of land in area not suited for living on
no driveway , septic or electric or
sewage set up . Can I reserve the
right to the manufactured home and it’s
demolition and salvagable parts?

Asked on January 11, 2019 under Real Estate Law, Louisiana


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

You can reserve that right if 1) you don't have a signed contract yet (if you do, you are limited to the terms in the contract and cannot add to or change them without the buyer's agreement); and 2) the buyer agrees to this--since normally the manufactured home goes with the land sale, in the standard transaction and contract, it would be theirs, to do with as they see fit. They'd have to specifically agree to a change in the normal contract to let you do this. But you can propose it to them, and if the agree, put it into the contract; if put into the contract, it will be legal and enforceable. 
There is nothing illegal about what you propose; it just depends on the two sides coming to an agreement.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption