What can I do if the seller removed items from the house that were included in the sale?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can I do if the seller removed items from the house that were included in the sale?

I signed a contract to purchase home that included 2 flat screen TVs, 1 wall mounted. The TV’s were also listed on the MlS as included in the sale. After closing on the property I went to condo and the wall mounted TV had been

removed. My realtor called the seller’s realtor who responded that,

Asked on June 20, 2018 under Real Estate Law, Florida


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

No, it is not legal. You write that the contract included the wall mounted TV; a contract is binding and legally enforceable, and the seller can not unilterally decide that he should have gotten more for the house and take the TV as compensation. Rather, he is held to the terms of the contract. If he will not return the TV, you could sue him for breach of contract (for violating the contract's terms) for the value of the TV and its mounting; suing in small claims court, as your own attorney ("pro se"), may be a good, fast, cost-effective option.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption