Should i hire a lawyer regarding a second offense theft charge while still on probationI

UPDATED: Apr 2, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 2, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Should i hire a lawyer regarding a second offense theft charge while still on probationI

I suffer from manic depressive disorder with numerous physical disabilities. However, this is no excuse for what I’ve done; I realize that I need to face my consequences. I’m very scared and ashamed of my actions.

Asked on April 2, 2012 under Criminal Law, Missouri


Kevin Bessant / Law Office of Kevin Bessant & Associates

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

I would always advise you to hire a criminal defense attorney in most criminal situations because they will know how to navigate your case better than you, especially if you are facing new criminal charges while currently on probation. Not only do you have to face the new charges, but you run the risk of violating your current probation, which could include jail time. Your mental disorder could also help you in terms of any treatment the court could order, so talk to a few criminal attorney's in your area and choose the attorney you feel most comfortable with.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption