Scarring on lung

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Scarring on lung

When I was age 5 or 6 I had my tonsils removed. Following this I had roughly 8 more surgeries and 1 blood clot due to I kept spitting up blood after the surgeries. now I am 30 years old and recently had a bronchoscopy completed and there is scarring on my lung. The doctor said this is most likely from all the surgeries that I completed when I was a child. Are there grounds for a lawsuit?

Asked on September 11, 2016 under Malpractice Law


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

The statute of limitations has probably expired which would bar your claim, but to be certain of that, what state were you living in when you had the surgery as a child and what state are you living in now? 
The statute of limitations varies from state to state regarding medical malpractice.  Ordinarily, the state appears when a question is submitted, but in your question it just says "all USA".

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption