rights of sole heir if sick 87yrold farther allows nursing home to take charge of estate

UPDATED: May 27, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 27, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

rights of sole heir if sick 87yrold farther allows nursing home to take charge of estate

Asked on May 27, 2009 under Estate Planning, Massachusetts


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

How do you allow the nursing home to take charge of estate? That doesn't sound correct.

So I don't know what will happen. If someone else is in charge of the estate, is there a will or trust or is intestate.  Did you father already pass away? Was he competent when he made someone else in charge of his estate?

I am not sure what you are seeking so please either make a clearer description in a new posting or contact an attorney in Massachussets.  Try www.attorneypages.com and check his or her record at the Massachusetts State Bar.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption