How to request a refund from a business consultant for work not completed in the 60-day agreed upon terms?

UPDATED: Aug 6, 2019

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 6, 2019Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How to request a refund from a business consultant for work not completed in the 60-day agreed upon terms?

Only about 30 of the work was completed.

Asked on August 6, 2019 under Business Law, Georgia


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

The letter should state/quote the relevant terms of the contract and that the contract was breached (and how--i.e. by not completing the work in time) and accordingly ask for the refund (i.e. for the amount you deem appropriate). 
If they will not agree to refund an acceptable amount to you (they may offer less than you want, but it may be worth taking to avoid litigation; see below), you will have to sue for the money. You would sue based on "breach of contract," or violating the terms of the agreement. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption