Regarding returning a jewelry bought on Aug 5th 2017

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Regarding returning a jewelry bought on Aug 5th 2017


I purchased a jewelry from a store in Westmont, IL on Aug 5th 2017 paying more
than 8K. My friends and family are of an opinion that the jewelry will not cost
more than 5K.

The merchant says he cant accept the return, nor can he lower the price. Even
online prices are in the same range.

As a customer what can I do now ?

Asked on August 7, 2017 under Business Law, Illinois


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

You can't do anything: the law does not guaranty you the best, a good, or even a fair price. If you voluntarily paid $8k+ for the jewlery, then that's what you were paid: you have no right to a credit, refund, or exchange. You need to do research up front, before buying, because once you agree to pay a certain amount, that's it; you can't get it back even if you realized you overpaid. Whatever you agreed to pay is legal.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption