What to do if my son received tickets for not having dirt bike registered or insured?

UPDATED: Aug 20, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 20, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if my son received tickets for not having dirt bike registered or insured?

My son purchased an off-road dirt bike. While taking it back to the garage for storage, he received tickets for having it on the road (no insurance, no registration). His court date is coming up. Should we get the bike insured before going to court?

Asked on August 20, 2012 under Insurance Law, New Jersey


John Ducey / Law Offices of John G. Ducey,PC

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Yes that could help the situation.  It does not automatically get him out of the ticket though.  An attorney can also assist you.  A no insurance ticket carries a significant loss of license time.  This menas his regualr drivers license so if he pleads or is found guilty of the no insurnace he will not be able to drive for awhile.

You cac call with more information unless the case is in Ocean County then I cannot help you because I prosecute here.

John Ducey

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption