quit claim deed

UPDATED: Jul 6, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 6, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

quit claim deed

I purchased a property,joint tenancy quit claim deed (individual form) was used,however the clerks office did not work the deed because only the husband deeded out on this form.I have located the wife.Can a seperate form be used for her to deed out as well,or does it have to be 1 form with both signatures.Also which form or forms will be needed.Located in Pottawatomie county,oklahoma. thanks

Asked on July 6, 2009 under Real Estate Law, Oklahoma


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

I think it's important for you to hire a lawyer to get this done the right way.  Ordinarily, a quitclaim deed isn't the best, when buying property from someone else, and doing it that way may cause you problems years from now, when you want to sell the land.

Land is too expensive to take big chances, and trying to handle a transaction on your own can give you too many chances to make an expensive mistake.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption