Quest Diagnostic gave me the wrong test results, which i was treated for

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Quest Diagnostic gave me the wrong test results, which i was treated for

I took blood/urine at Quest Diagnostic they gave my results to my Dr. when I went for a followup they redid my test results in house
after treating me for 3 STD’s, they found out that I had tested negative the entire time suggested my labs got switched. Can I do anything, even if its just to prevent this from happening to someone else. I was mortified

Asked on September 20, 2018 under Malpractice Law, California


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

You could report it to your state's medical licensing board, but that's about all you can do. There is no legal action (i.e. no lawsuit) you could file since you did not suffer any harm or loss from this: the civil law system (lawsuits) is designed not to punish the wrongdoer but to compensate a person for an actual injury or loss; with no injury or loss, there is nothing a civil court could do for you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption