Purchased New marine engines from out of state, Supplier won’t ship

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Purchased New marine engines from out of state, Supplier won’t ship

I am a commercial fishermen in Al. About 6 weeks ago, I purchased 2 new marine engines from a supplier in WA. I paid in full for both engines and shipping to a freight company. The guy will not ship the engines, every time I contact him he says,

Asked on February 9, 2017 under Business Law, Alaska


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

Yes, you can sue him for breach of contract (for violating the agreement to send you the engines in exchange for money), for fraud (for lying about what he could or would do), and possibly even for theft by deception (for stealing from you by tricking you, if it looks like he has no intention of shippoing you engines). You can sue him to get the engines and also for any costs or losses you logically incurred due to his delays. Suing is the only way to pursue this matter; however, because suing across state lines is more complex (and can't be done in small claims court), you will want to hire an attorney to help you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption