What are my rights if I was injured by an object contained in a sandwich that I bought?

UPDATED: Nov 19, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Nov 19, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What are my rights if I was injured by an object contained in a sandwich that I bought?

I purchased a sandwich from a local restaurant, however when eating it I felt something sharp poke or cut the back of my tongue. I reached into my mouth and found a 3 or 4 inch long piece of sharp metal, coiled up. I went back to the restaurant and filled out an injury report and was told that the general manager or owner would contact me. After 3 days, I still had no heard from them so I called to speak with the owner. He was not in, so I spoke with the general manager who would only offer me an apology. What should I do at this point? I have thought of contacting the local news channel and seeing if they want to report the incident.

Asked on November 19, 2013 under Personal Injury, Washington


Maury Beaulier / MinnesotaLawyers.com

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

I am afraid this may not be the windfall you think it is.  You would be entitled to recover  your damages for the injury, which appears to be relatively minor, but you would also have to demonstrate who was negligent which would potentially involve suing the maker of the product, the packager and the seller.  You should be ready to accept compensation for any medical expenses and, perhaps, a free eal. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption