What to do ifI have not been given rent for the last 3 months?

UPDATED: Dec 12, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Dec 12, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do ifI have not been given rent for the last 3 months?

I gave my property to the property management company. They said that the tenant has not paid rent for the past 3 months they are not able to reach the tenant. I already paid their fees. Am I able to sue the company or what are the steps that I can take to solve the issue?

Asked on December 12, 2011 under Real Estate Law, Georgia


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

If you have a tenant that owes you money for rent, you should serve this tenant with a 3 day notice to pay of quit or a 30 day eviction notice if you do not want the tenant to remain in the unit.

If you have not been paid rent for 3 months and the property manager that you are writing about has not kept you informed about the situation, I would consult with a landord tenant attorney to assist you with the tenant, and also the property manager who does not appear to be doing his or her job. 

The first priority is to get the non-paying tenant out of the rental.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption