posses of controlled substance ticket in imperial sand dunes I was in the imperial sand dunes for the past few days. One of my friends had a wreck and

UPDATED: Mar 16, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 16, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

posses of controlled substance ticket in imperial sand dunes I was in the imperial sand dunes for the past few days. One of my friends had a wreck and

ended up dying in the dunes. When the bureau of land management showed up do do a report. one of them asked me if I had any weapons or anything on me. I was worried about being searched and decided that honesty would be the best policy. I told them I had some pot in my back pack. they asked to search it and I said sure. When it was all said and done I was given a ticket. It has been my first offense for anything. I was completely honest with the officers and I did not have anything to smoke it with or a lighter. I had it from a previous outing. what are my options as far as getting it reduced?

Asked on March 16, 2012 under Criminal Law, California


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

The best way for you to try and get the ticket that you received for having a controlled substance reduced as to the ultimate penalty that you might receive if convicted for the offense is for you to consult with a criminal defense attorney. I cannot emphasize how important it is to have an attroney represent someone when he or she is charged with a criminal offense.

My experience is that a good criminal defense attorney can greatly reduce the ultimate penalty for one if convicted of a criminal offense.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption