Point of Service Coordinator II

UPDATED: May 29, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 29, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Point of Service Coordinator II

Several comlaints from several employees about the noise level have been made. And I have to be medicated because the noise level gives me panic attacks and management has not done anything about it after several months of complaints. what shoule i do?

Asked on May 29, 2009 under Employment Labor Law, Arkansas


M.H., Member, California Bar / M.H., Member, California Bar

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

If the condition requiring medication is interpreted to be a disability, your employer has to make a "reasonable accommodation" to help resolve the discomfort you are experiencing.  I suggest you get a letter from the physician who prescribed the medication addressed to human resources detailing the nature of the problem you are experiencing and offering their opinion that the noise level is injurious to your health.  Then approach h.r. and/or management and ask them for a reasonable accommodation.  Be aware this could be as simple as them supplying you with a pair of earplugs, and this could comply with the law's requirements, depending on how reasonable this solution is.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption