Permanent Residency applicant on Spousal Petition Denied Entry

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Permanent Residency applicant on Spousal Petition Denied Entry

How can I visit my American citizen spouse and out three young children in the U.S. while my permanent residency application is pending. I was denied entry at customs in Calais, Maine four months ago.

Asked on December 14, 2016 under Immigration Law, Ohio


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

What is your current immigration status?  Your US citizen spouse petitioned for your permanent residence?  On what basis were you denied entry?  Did you previously enter the US without any issues?  When was the last time?  How did you enter?  How long has the petition been pending?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption