Penalties for **** Dealing

UPDATED: Jun 9, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 9, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Penalties for **** Dealing

What is the penalty range in Oregon for **** dealing if caught with less than 20 grams of cocaine?

Asked on June 9, 2009 under Criminal Law, California


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

Cocaine is a Schedule II Drug. 


The penalty for distribution (a Class B felony) is up to 10 years and up to $100,000 fine, plus twice the value of any resulting gain of property or money.


Unlawful possession (a Class C felony) is punishable by up to 5 years and up to $100,000 fine, plus twice the value of any resulting gain of property or money.


Obviously the amount of cocaine in question will affect sentencing as will (if this is the case here, you didn't say) a first time offense.


A criminal attorney in your area should be consulted about this; possibly the charge can be thrown out on a technicality or at least reduced.   A conviction will leave you with a permanent criminal record. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption