pain and suffering?

UPDATED: Jun 10, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 10, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

pain and suffering?

I injured my back on the job 6yrs ago and it is way worse now and have to go back to school to change my career at this point. This has cost me jobs, tons of money, terrible amounts of pain etc….I need help please

Asked on June 10, 2009 under Malpractice Law, Colorado


J.M.A., Member in Good Standing of the Connecticut Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

Generally, you have one year from the date of a work injury to file a claim with your employer.  If you did not file a claim and you simply toughed it out over the years, you are probably not able to now asser a claim.  The statute of limitations for these claims runs from the date of our injury and only lasts for a limited time.  like i said, you should have filed the claim within a year of the injury to preserve your rights.  your failure to do so will bar you from now asserting a claim.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption