Owning own house with no bills in girlfriends name how do i get her out

UPDATED: May 18, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 18, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Owning own house with no bills in girlfriends name how do i get her out

The cops have been out 2 times last week for domestic violence issues but they couldnt find anything wrong. I would like to get my pregnant girlfriiend out of my house she has no bills in her name here everything is in my name and i also own the house. I don’t have the 300 to kick her out so whare do i stand when it comes to the law thanks !!

Asked on May 18, 2009 under Real Estate Law, Florida


J.M.A., Member in Good Standing of the Connecticut Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

You need to go to the clerks office at your local housing court and have a notice to quit (eviction notice) served on her at your house by a marshal (this should not cost $300).  The clerk will show you how to fill it out (i.e. your girlfriend once had the right to occupy the property but no longer has such a right/privilege).  After she is served with this document she is supposed to leave.  If she refuses, then you can go to court and file an eviction lawsuit.  The clerk can show you how to do that or you can ask legal aid - which i am sure exists in your area (free attorneys to assist you).  You will get a court date for the both of you to show up and the judge will make an order for the girlfriend to leave.  That is generally the process and will take at least a couple months (3-4).  I suggest trying to help her locate a new place to live.  If the baby is yours, you should trying to keep her close to you so that you can be involved with the baby.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption