What are our rights if the overflow from a county road flooding has damaged the ingress/egress to our property?

UPDATED: Aug 11, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 11, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What are our rights if the overflow from a county road flooding has damaged the ingress/egress to our property?

The property owner refuses to allow repair to it by us, the user. What are our options? It is shown on deeds and plats. Who is responsible or allowed to repair it?

Asked on August 11, 2012 under Real Estate Law, Georgia


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

If the owner of an adjacent property has a situation on his or her property that causes damage to your and other's property and essentially has become a nuisance where the ingress/egress to your property has been damages and the owner refuses to allow you to rectify the property then you need to consult with a real estate attorney about your legal options.

If you have an easement over property of another needing repairs, you would be entitled under the law to make repairs to the property covered by the easement you have. If the onwer of the adjacent property has a condition causing damage to your easement, the owner could be required by a court order to rectify the issue or pay you the costs for any repairs you have to make.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption