Outcome of current case

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Outcome of current case

My boyfriend, Louis Perez, has received a domestic violence/family violence assault charges and possession of marijuana. They are 2 3rd degree felonies, and a class B Misdemeanor. I informed police that I did not want to press charges, but they decided to go forward with the case anyway. My boyfriend received a 105,000 bond, and they will allow a payment of 10,500 more than we can afford. I initiated contact with Louis after I said I wouldn’t.

Asked on November 26, 2016 under Criminal Law, Texas


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

Whether or not to prosecute a case is not up to the alleged victim; it is up to the DA's office. If there is enough other evidence the case can still move forward; your cooperation may not be necessary. Additionally, if you are subpeonaed to testify and don't appear, you can be subject to fines and even jail time.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption