Out of state ticket

UPDATED: Oct 2, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 2, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Out of state ticket

My husband got an out of state ticket. Pretty much since he got it hes been calling to get it taken care of. No answer. Hes left voicemails to get a call back. Nothing. Hes to call on of before the 27th of this month. On the 27th we finally contacted someone. She said she would pass along the info that he did called on stated date. Was told we should get a call this past Monday. Nothing its Thursday already. Have tried calling again. No answers. Left voicemail yesterday too. Nothing. How do we proceed with this?

Asked on October 3, 2019 under General Practice, Colorado


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

Unless the ticket gives you the option to plead guilty and pay by mail or online, someone will have to show up for the ticket on the indicated court date. Some courts will allow an attorney to handle a traffic matter without you personally appearing. Contact traffic lawyers near the relevant court and find out if that court will let the attorney handle it without your appearance, given that you are out of state. If a lawyer can do this (which is likely, but not a given) hire the lawyer to appear for you in court.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption