What are my options for a fast divorce?

UPDATED: Jul 25, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 25, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What are my options for a fast divorce?

I am military; wife works. We have 1 Child. She pay taxes in D.C; I pay taxes in MA. We live in MD where we were married. Only debt to share; no serious assets. 2 cars with liens on title.

Asked on July 25, 2011 Maryland


Jayson Soobitsky / Law Offices of Jayson A. Soobitsky, P.A.

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

I need more information to answer your question. Family Law Section 7-103 of the Annotated Code of Maryland lists all of the grounds for divorce.  Please note that these grounds are changing October 1, 2011.  Have you lived in Maryland for 1 year?  Because you have a child together, assets, and debts a written Separation and Property Settlement Agreement would be a great place to start.  Get a consultation from an experienced Family Law Attorney as soon as possible.     

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption