If a19 year-old gets a 15 year old pregnant, could he get in trouble for that?

UPDATED: Jul 29, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 29, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If a19 year-old gets a 15 year old pregnant, could he get in trouble for that?

Her father is fine with them dating. Would he get statuatory rape or no?

Asked on July 29, 2011 Ohio


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

It is not a good idea for a 19 year old male to be dating a 15 year old female for many reasons. First, the 19 year old is an adult and the 15 year old is a minor. At this stage in their lives the 4 year age difference is a huge gap in many aspects (emotional, maturity, life experiences). Second, the 19 year old could possibly be charged for stautory rape if things go too far by law enforcement regardless of the fact that the girl's father is fine with the 19 year old dating his 15 year old daughter.

The situation that you describe above has the recipe for a lot of problems down the road. It is not like a 30 year old man dating a 26 year old woman.


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption