On medical leave form work and appling for short term disability

UPDATED: May 27, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 27, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

On medical leave form work and appling for short term disability

I live in dechutes county in Bend Oregon. I am on a medical leave from my job. I have been off work since 3/12/09. I applied for short term disability which i pay for each month for the lost 2 years and they cont to deny me. I have been in close contact with them and each time i call they would tell what they needed to aprove the case. I have not been approve as of yet. I cant pay my bills including my rent. I dont know whats available to me.Susan

Asked on May 27, 2009 under Insurance Law, Oregon


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

A. Talk to your HR

B. Contact an attorney in your state (try www.attorneypages.com and check his or her record at the Oregon State Bar.

C. Contact the following: http://www.boli.state.or.us/

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption