Nursing home fall in Cincinnati Ohio

UPDATED: Apr 2, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 2, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Nursing home fall in Cincinnati Ohio

My father in law was in an assisted living facility for a week for respite care. No one was watching him when he got up and fell. Broke his hip. He has dementia. What is the statute of limitations in Ohio? What info will we need if we have a case? I am getting a copy of the EMT report. He was in this facility once before. I had a friend go and check on him while he was there. He noticed a lot of things that were not right. He has given us a list. No teeth put in, dirty diaper, in room with no lights on, put outside in courtyard and forgotten.

Asked on April 2, 2009 under Personal Injury, Ohio


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

Statute of limitations -- depends on what the injury/injuries are, what you are suing, breach of contract, personal injury.  Contact an attorney who specializes in elder care abuse.  Also, contact your state's licensing agency of nursing homes.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption