nurse practitioner – how to get out of contract

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

nurse practitioner – how to get out of contract

I have employment contract due to expire in January, I am receiving daily messages and comments, sometimes three or four in a row very difficult. my contract self renew unless I give 90 days. if I am continually harassed by the physician or his wife who is an office RN overseeing me can I get out sooner?

Asked on November 20, 2017 under Employment Labor Law, Missouri


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

No, being harassed by your employer or his spouse is NOT legal grounds to get out of an employment contract. You can only get out of the contract if:
1) they violate it in some material, or important, way, like not paying you when or as much as they are supposed to; or
2) they lied or misrepresented something important about the job to you *before* you signed the contract (committed fraud).
Harassment has nothing to do with a contract's validity or enforceability.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption