How o I know if I have a malpractice or product liability case?

UPDATED: Feb 10, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Feb 10, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How o I know if I have a malpractice or product liability case?

I have a intrathecal pain pump. The catheter broke and the broken piece is still in my spinal canal. Ever since it broke I have been and continue to have problems with my bladder and bowels. I have been told by my urologist that this is due to nerve damage and also told by my doctors that the catheter fragment is in the area where the nerves are located that would control those functions.

Asked on February 10, 2013 under Malpractice Law, Ohio


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

The best way to ascertain whethyer or not you have a medical malpractice or products liabilty case for a medical device is for you to consult with a medical malpractice attorney to discuss the situation that you are in and then rely upon such an attorney's opinions and proceed from there. You may need to retain a medical standard of care expert as well to assist you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption