Not covered at the moment of an accident happened

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Not covered at the moment of an accident happened

I had an accident and my insurance
policy was cancelled at that moment and
the person that I had the accident with
claimed to my current insurance company
but I wasn’t covered at that moment so
now I need to pay the insurance company
back but they sent me a 7 days notice
to pay or they will cancel my tag and
registration and also my license.

Asked on October 13, 2018 under Insurance Law, Georgia


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

Since you were not covered at the moment of the accent, you were not entitled to coverage; therefore you have to repay any payments made by the insurer for you. They are entitled to take action against you if you do not pay, but they would rather have the money thant spend their own time/money punishing you. Negotiate a payment plan with them--the most aggressive one you can possibly meet.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption