North Carolina 90-96 marijuana possession

UPDATED: May 26, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 26, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

North Carolina 90-96 marijuana possession

I got a 90-96 deferment on marijuana possession in North Carolina. I will do **** ed classes and **** testing for 6 months and they’ll dismiss the charges. If a background check is run before the dismissal will the charges show up?

Asked on May 26, 2009 under Criminal Law, North Carolina


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

Quite possibly.  But even after the charges are dismissed your arrest will still be on your record.  After your off deferment you should look in to having your record "expunged" (cleared of the arrest).

In North Carolina, a person who has not been previously convicted of misdemeanor marijuana possession or)possession of drug paraphernalia in violation of N.C.G.S. 90-113.21, may apply to the court, not sooner than 12 months after their conviction, for an order canceling the judgment of conviction and expunging all of the records of the individual's arrest, indictment, or information trail and conviction.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption