What happens if a non-traffic summary offense has not registered with the court?

UPDATED: Aug 4, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What happens if a non-traffic summary offense has not registered with the court?

My daughter has a non-traffic summary offense that is 2 months old. She keeps calling the magistrate in order to pay the fine and nobody knows where it’s at. Is there a way to end the process so she doesn’t have to plead? Or does she have to keep checking back with the magistrate until they find it? We were told this should have hit the magistrates in 5 days.

Asked on August 4, 2011 Pennsylvania


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

From what you have written it seems that the offense involving your daughter has been lost or misplaced somewhere within the court system. For her to cover herself she needs to set forth a written paper trail in her attempt to resolve the dispute and move forward with her life.

Perhaps the best way for your daughter to resolve the situation is for her to go down to the court house and pull the file involving herself so that she has a better understanding as to what is going on regarding her traffic matter and act accordingly.

Good luck to her.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption