Non-responsive collector?

UPDATED: Jun 8, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 8, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Non-responsive collector?

An insurance company that is after my girlfriend for money, however they and their collection agency are not providing the documentation requested (ie., reason behind charges, what each item represents (there is an item that references a known attorney firm) and they are not returning calls in a timeley manner or at all. The amount in dispute was apparently added over 6 months after the payments for non-disputed amounts were agreed on and payment had started)

Asked on June 8, 2009 under Accident Law, Wisconsin


L.M., Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

Not returning phone calls is very unprofessional.  Your girlfriend should write them a letter asking for documentation in support of their additional requests for money.  She should not let them push her around.  Let them know that payments will not continue until she gets the additional documentation requested.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption